Sunday, October 2, 2016

1966 Ford Mustang Coupe

091316-barn-finds-1966-ford-mustang-1
The capital of Kansas, Topeka, is where this inexpensive car is located. It’s a 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe and it’s found on Craigslist with an asking price of $4,500! It doesn’t get much cheaper than that for such a desirable car that looks this good.


091316-barn-finds-1966-ford-mustang-2
There isn’t much information given about this car, but dang it looks great, doesn’t it? $4,500? There has to be bodywork / filler on this car, for this price it’s just too good to be true, isn’t it? I think I see some waviness here, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I could probably use some bodywork and I’m older than this car is!

091316-barn-finds-1966-ford-mustang-3
1966 was the last year of the first generation Mustang and some (me) would argue that it’s the most desirable version of this car. I can’t get over how nice this car looks for $4,500! There are no interior photos so I’m not sure what shape it’s in, maybe that’s the glitch on this car? It has an automatic transmission, according to the seller’s listing.

091316-barn-finds-1966-ford-mustang-4
You knew this would be a six-cylinder. A 289 V8 is probably more desirable for most folks, but give me a pedestrian model like this with a basic 3.3L, 200 cubic-inch six-cylinder any day of the week. This is what most people probably had and if the old car hobby is about reliving memories, why would you want a car that you never had? Maybe people like cars that they couldn’t afford back then and they can afford a top of the line, loaded Shelby Mustang now so that’s what they get. As a certified (certifiable?) oddball who loves unpopular vehicles, I’d want a six-cylinder in my 1966 Mustang. Doesn’t this car seem almost too inexpensive? What do you think about this one, is it worth more than $4,500 or am I way off on my values?

Source: barnfinds.com

No comments: